Welcome to my site. So glad you could make it.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Third times the Charm

Didn't have to work tonight. Wanted to get things done and ended up sleeping the day away.
I think this schedule will take some getting used to. Normally I have to be at work at 9 PM and get off in the morning around 4. Didn't get to sleep until 6 this morning. Pretty much dragging all day.  Not used to working nights.
Not used to working. Haven't had a real job since I retired from the service in 93, Times sure have changed. Working with kids half my age, and they don't seem to care if the job gets done on time or not. They think that punching the clock should be enough.
Got spoiled being in the service. The people I worked with then, wanted to do the job right the first time and then go home. We didn't get paid by the hour. Of course we did get a salary that we could live on.
Still haven't figured out how far I want to go with this job. Should I work a full 8 hrs a day and get nothing done at home or with the wife, or continue on as part time?  This started off as a temporary job, helping out during the spring rush. Temp meant from 8PM till 12 midnight. Then they changed it to 9pm till 1am. Then changed again 9pm till we got the work done. Don't know how long I can keep this up.
I guess as long as it takes.

As always..
Play nice
Bobby

No comments: