Welcome to my site. So glad you could make it.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Sunday

 Sunday and baseball and possibly Nascar later.
  At least after your prayers and thanks to be living another day.
 Have a friend over for the weekend. She knew my wife and MIL from way back. Like when they were kids.
 Mother in law (MIL) has a birthday this week and my wife just had hers. So now we are baking a cake. Going with Red Velvet mix. Friend is icing it know. A Birthday Cake they can both enjoy. And I get a little bit of it, too.
 Learning new tricks with the pre-made icing. Whip it before you use it. Boy, that sounded bad. There's a lesson to be learned there, but I'm not going there.
 I was going to do the front yard, but I need to have time for friends when they have time for me. So the front yard didn't get cut. In the grand scheme of life, it's not a big necessity. It'll wait another day.
 Still a great weekend.

5 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Good call on priorities. The grass isn't gonna go anywhere - the friends WILL.

Bobby said...

Don't know when they'll pass this way again.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Glad you enjoyed your friends. Isn't it fun to visit with someone that knows your better half when they were children.
Take care
Maggie

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

The yard here is still under snow ... oh well.

Bobby said...

Grandma, It interesting to hear stories about the things they got away with back then. We grew up not having near the surveillance that there is now.
Odie, Haven't had snow here in ages. It doesn't last long, but sure is pretty.