Welcome to my site. So glad you could make it.

Friday, March 18, 2011

The World Turns a Little Grayer

 Today is a sad day.
  I found out last night/this morning that my friend, Kevin, his mom had passed away. It was at 3 am that I found out. Too late to call anyone for more info. To early to call to offer  my support.
  Her Name was Belle. She was the type of mom everyone wanted for a second mom. I first met her when I would stop at her house after school. We both liked working on old clunkers and so it was something to do to kill the afternoon.
 Memories come flooding back.
 The white living room furniture that we couldn't sit on.
 Her garage of odd stuff. Her baking and cooking. The grass in her back yard I burnt.
 The flowers that she cared for and all the pets that cared for her.
  She was my second mom. She was a friend I could talk to.
 She was Bellle.
  Mom,  I know your in a better place, just why did you have to leave so soon?
  Tell everyone Hello up there.
  We're gonna miss you.

 Your son
  Bobby Gene

6 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Please accept my condolences on the loss of a good friend.

Susie Swanson said...

So sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Bob,

I am so sorry!

msladyDeborah said...

What a nice tribute. I am sorry for your loss.

Pumice said...

I feel your pain. I lost my brother almost a month ago. We are traveling home from his memorial as I write. One of the uplifting times was listening to people share all of the ways he had touched their lives. You are doing the same for your friends mom.

Grace and Peace

Bobby said...

Thanks all, for taking the time for my benefit. It has helped more than you can imagine. I am indeed blessed, to have y'all in my life. Even if only in the "net".