Welcome to my site. So glad you could make it.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Special January Twofer Surprise

 Well, It looks like I'll get in two posts instead of one for the month. Wow. Got you excited yet? Yeah, I know. I had you at "Well".
 As you know, if your a long time follower, (at least since my last post) I am going to try to post at least once per month.
 We are still taking care of the Mother in Law. Don't want to put her in a home. It is getting close. She has Alzheimer's.  There's not much hope for a cure to come along at this late date. It's very hard on the wife. The cats don't seem to mind and the dog whines when she firsts wakes up and starts mumbling. But, it's OK. This is the path we were meant to follow.
  Maybe I should add some links here. Red Remover - The Game Homepage
It's a fun time waster. As has been said before, the higher the level, the higher the difficulty.
 Working on a 87 Ford pickup here. I've had it running a few times. It just doesn't want to start  on the fuel that's there. I need to drain the fuel tanks. It's tastes like varnish. So far, I've got it on stands front and rear. Got the battery on the charger. I also need to replace the emergency brake cable. It's got a rust spot on one of the cab corners, so I will get some practice welding. Still working on the planning stages.
 Got another engine and transmission if needed. Someone had slipped in a C-6 in place of the over-drive transmission. Still wondering whether or not to swap back to the over-drive unit. Ideas/Suggestions?
  Need to get some grocery shopping done. I may do it on the way home from work. There really isn't that bad a crowd at 2 or 3 in the morning. Yes folks, I work nights. It gives me the day free to work on this blog on a daily basis.
 Out of writing time now. Gotta get busy around here. Gutters need cleaning, lawn needs raking.
Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Caretaking someone who no longer has their full faculties is a rough job, especially if they have any physical limitations as well. I've seen it in my own family, and it's not easy. God bless you for what you're doing.

buddeshepherd said...

C-6 is a pretty solid transmission. I doubt you would need the overdrive unless doing Freeway driving.
I drive an 89 F250 FWD with a fuel injected 460. I practice gentle acceleration.
I miss my 84 with the inline six. Have an 83 with a 302 that is not so bad.

Bobby said...

Gorges, Glad you could stop in. Mom has her moments. But when she is there, there's joy in my wife's heart.
Budde, I should have gotten donuts and coffee. I had C-6 in the past. Worked even with bad clutches and a busted cage. Hard to make them quit. I've had both the 6 banger and the 302. Loved them both. I drive 22 miles to work and back, I couldn't afford the fuel for the 460. Bet it sounds good with open pipes.

Susie Swanson said...

God Bless you Bobby and thank you for the comments on mine.and for following..I'm your new follower..Susie

JT said...

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease. I know someone who has it. http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS is a link that helped a friend of mine. I am not trying to sell anything. I'm just saying it helped. God bless you.

Bobby said...

Susie, I've started following you after your post about Doing It Again. It is very touching.
Thanks for stopping by.
JT, Thanks for the link, I'll give it to the wife also. It can't hurt. Thanks for stopping by.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Gorges Smythe says it all in his comment. I admire you for taking care of your mother-in-law.
Shows what a kind person you are Bobby.
I know what you mean about having trouble doing post. The last few months I have just made myself keep up with blogging because I have so many nice friends on here I hate not to keep in touch
God Bless
Maggie

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi Bobby, Thanks for following my blog.
Sorry to read about your mother in law.
I hope she has good days, and you and your wife are very kind to take care of her.

Animals can sense when people aren't well either, I'm sure they are a comfort to her too, take care.

Bobby said...

Maggie, The stories that you can tell. Thanks for your kind words. Gives me another reason to keep blogging. Thanks for stopping by.
Bunni, Her days can be tiring. Trying to get her to be more active can be hard. She with the animals on a daily basis. They can be very understanding. Thanks for being here.